Introducing The Salt Parlour
WE LOVE NATURAL SKIN CARE…. AND WE LOVE THE PLANET…
We believe the sea can have an incredible, positive effect on the skin so, having felt the benefits time and time again on our beach holidays, we set about recreating this feeling to tackle our own skin gripes (one of us suffers from psoriasis and the other with acne) and our Salt & Sulphur Scrubs were born.
Our company ethos is simple – to provide natural, vegan, cruelty free and earth friendly skincare products that give you beautifully exfoliated, happy, healthy and glowing skin without doing a drop of damage to our planet – nothing that washes down the plug hole will harm you or the earth.
We are also passionate about packaging our products as ‘plastic free’ as possible – our gorgeous tins are helping to protect our seas from further harmful plastic waste and can be reused and upcycled in so many ways… plus they look pretty good on your bathroom shelf!
IN A NUTSHELL…Methyl Sulphonyl Methane is the full name to describe sulphur. Don’t be put off by the name as it’s also known as “The Beauty Mineral” (much better) for its ability to support collagen production, promote circulation and decrease inflammation.
WHERE DOES IT COME FROM? The Beauty Mineral originates in the oceans where microscopic plankton release sulphur compounds into seawater. It then escapes into the atmosphere where it reacts with the ozone and ultraviolet sunlight to create MSM, where it then falls to the earth with the rain. It is then collected and concentrated in plants. Naturally derived during the earth’s rain cycle, it’s present in many natural unprocessed foods, but quickly lost during the cooking process.
THE GOOD STUFF Traditionally taken as a food supplement for numerous health conditions such as joint care and skin problems, this white, odourless, water soluble powder also has great skin benefits when applied topically. It is known to have been highly effective in the treatment of conditions including acne, eczema and psoriasis, as well as sensitive, and problematic skin, and helps keep skin healthy and strong to guard against premature ageing and skin damage.
The Beauty Mineral may help improve skin conditions by:
- Softening and increasing elasticity
- MSM has a unique ability to penetrate several skin layers and therefore provides a better, more deeply hydrating and smoothing effect for longer periods of time. Perfect for dry and mature skin.
- useful for inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema, acne and psoriasis.
- Skin repair
- may help smooth and soften acne scars and hasten the healing of existing lesions.
- Collagen boosting
- MSM helps make the skin cells more permeable and there more absorbent and therefore more absorbent and receptive to plumping and hydration.
- Promotes regeneration
- supports healthy skin by supporting the production of collagen and elastin.
- Hyperpigmentation reduction
- issues such as melasma, pink or faded-red acne scars, age spots, freckles and sun damage.
- Brightening and aluminising effect
- over time may also help reduce uneven skin tone and help correct areas of darker pigmentation.
How good does your skin feel after a long, lazy day at the beach – dipping in and out of the sea and being naturally exfoliated by the salt and sand – it physically glows with health and happiness right?
By gently scrubbing with our range of Salt & Sulphur Scrubs 2-3 times a week you can recreate this feeling and be safe in the knowledge that your skin will thank you for it. There are so many benefits to exfoliating with our natrual sea scrubs such as…
- EVEN OUT SKIN TONE
- HELP PREVENT BREAKOUTS
- FIGHT SIGNS OF AGEING
- IMPROVE TEXTURE
- HELP MOISTURISERS SINK DEEPER INTO THE SKIN
- CLOSER SHAVE
- GET A BETTER FAKE TAN
IT CAN ONLY BRING YOU HAPPINESS
- Dead Sea Salt (Maris Sal): 8.6 times saltier compared to normal ocean water, The Dead Sea’s unique waters are incredibly mineral rich. This natural product has detoxing and purifying properties, a relaxing effect on muscles and nerves and improves hydration to leave your skin springy, soft and ultra moisturized.
- Sugar (Sucrose): A natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the environment into the skin, helping hydrate and keep moisture in. Sugar also encourages cell turnover and helps generate fresher younger looking skin.
- Organic Sulphur (Methylsulfonylmethane): The sulphur compound has an anti-inflammatory and skin-repairing effect, which may be useful for inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema, acne and psoriasis. It also may help smooth and soften acne scars.
- Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera): Coconut oil is used as an emollient for the skin and is known for it’s anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is great at targeting breakouts and providing moisture that doesn’t block pores – It is also believed to help filter harmful rays from the sun and is commonly used to aid tanning.
- Peach Kernel Oil (Prunus Persica): each kernel oil contains vitamin A, various of the B vitamins and vitamin E. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants helping to combat the emergence of free radicals and other damaging elements in the skin making peach kernel oil particularly suited for nourishing the skin and moisturising eczema.
- Pumice Stone (Pumicite): This natural abrasive volcanic rock is the perfect body exfoliant. It works hard to gently remove dry and rough skin, increasing cell turnover, giving you an instant glow.
- Jojoba Oil (Buxus Chinensis): Jojoba oil resembles the natural oils found in the skin and is able to dissolve quickly to help soothe damaged and irritated skin. This makes jojoba particularly suited for use with acne, dry skin and scalp, eczema, psoriasis, inflammation, rheumatism and arthritis.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol): An excellent antioxidant that is suitable for all skin types and perfect for deeply hydrating and moisturising skin. Vitamin E tones the complexion making it perfect for stretch marks and scars. It also protects against free radicals, environmental damage and signs of ageing.
- Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima): Rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamins A, B and D, avocado oil is able to penetrate the upper layers of the skin providing deep moisturisation for dry and mature skin.
- Lime Oil (Citrus Aurantifolia): Lime Oil is an uplifting, zesty, fragrance that is said to improve mood and circulation. It is a good source of vitamin C and an effective antioxidant when applied topically. Its strong antiseptic properties help combat skin problems such as psoriasis and acne.
- Rose Geranium Essential Oil (Pelargonium Graveolens): Geranium oil is cited as being highly beneficial for irritated and mature skin. This uplifting oil has a great all-over balancing effect, helping both oily and dry skin, keeping the skin supple and clear. It has a beautiful floral aroma and is great for relaxation particularly if you feel tense or stressed.
- Organic Rose Petals (Rosa Centifolia): Rose petals gently release their calming natural fragrance when scrubbed on the body. The antibacterial properties in rose petals make them excellent for fighting acne and breakouts, they are also known for soothing irritated skin and reducing redness.
- Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii): Shea Butter is a skin superfood and the concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. Often used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils it helps with eczema and other skin related problems.
- Pink Himalayan Salt (Sodium Chloride): Pink Himalayan salts are said to contain 84 essential minerals that not only make skin baby-soft and smooth, but also efficiently cleanse and detox our entire body.
- Matcha Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis): Green tea has a high concentration of antioxidants called catechins, they are anti-bacterial and perfect for fighting acne and evening skin tone. Studies have shown green tea to boost skin cell regeneration, assisting with rosacea and psoriasis.
- Jasmine Essential Oil (Jasmine Grandiflorum): Jasmine is great for many skin types including dry, greasy, irritated, damaged and mature skin. Jasmine stimulates and invigorates your senses helping you regain your energy when you feel tired or stressed.
- Arabica (Coffee): Coffee has proven to have wonderful effects on the skin. It contains powerful antioxidant agents, protecting the skin against free radicals and reducing the risk of skin cancer. Coffee tightens pores and removes dead skin cells, making the skin looking younger. It also displays anti-wrinkle properties!
- Kelp (Macrocystis Pyriferae): Like other types of seaweed, sea kelp is loaded with skin-nourishing nutrients, such as Omega-3 essential fatty acids and polyphenols – helping to both tone and nourish the skin. Seaweed contains mineral salts that can help the skin to hold its moisture better, which helps to smooth fine lines.
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (Hippophae Rhamnoides): Sea buckthorn oil is well-known today for its healing and rejuvenating effects on the skin. It’s a great natural cleanser and exfoliator and can also help heal burns, cuts, wounds, sunburn, rashes, and other types of skin damage. Using sea buckthorn oil helps slow down the signs of aging by nourishing the tissues in your skin and body.
- Cucumber Seed Oil (Cucumis Sativus): Cucumber Seed Oil possesses a remarkable amount of phytosterols which studies indicate strengthen the skins lipid barrier, restoring proper moisture balance, smoothing the skins surface and improving skin elasticity. Phytosterols are also known for their ability to nourish and stimulate the skin cells to encourage regeneration of healthy skin cells.
- Black Clay (Iron Oxide): Beneficial in detoxifying your skin Black Clay can absorb 1000 times its own weight, unclogging pores and detoxifying the skin while simultaneously exfoliating dead skin cells and improving the skin’s circulation making the skin look softer and healthier.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil (Cedrus Atlantica): Cedarwood is great for greasy skin, acne, dandruff and other skin irritations. Its stimulating effect on the senses is an aphrodisiac and encourages improved breathing.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil (Amyris Balsamifera): Sandalwood is great for dry, damaged or irritated skin. It lifts the senses when you are stressed or tense and helps to maintain healthy digestion and breathing.
Go to The Salt Parlour products in the Shop Here